This post contains affiliate links
One of the first words a child learns to read in preschool is his/her name. I know name activities have been something fun for my kids as it brings them a sense of pride when they see and recognize it in various places. I use my handy-dandy label maker to label pretty much everything with their names on it, so recognizing their name comes in handy when claiming their property (I’m looking at you, water bottles!)
Here’s five unique and fun activities you can do with your preschoolers to help them recognize their names!
- Sensory Name Recognition Art : This is a fun one to do that incorporates the sense of touch!
- Name Recognition Snack : A yummy way to practice spelling and recognizing names!
- Name Recognition Alphabet Sorting : Pull out your recyclables for this easy and helpful activity!
- Paint Stick Name Recognition Craft : This was the first name recognition activity we did and it is still the most popular!
- Teddy Bear Name Recognition Activity : A great way to use those bear manipulatives!
Read: Teaching Kids to Learn at Respect Different Names
If you follow Munchkins and Moms on Pinterest there’s a bonus NAME ACTIVITY that was popular with m followers- see it here!
One thought on “5 Unique Name Recognition Activities”
Comments are closed.