Do you carve every pumpkin you buy?
If you’re anything like me, you have a couple pumpkins set aside for carving, and a few that you keep intact for fall decorating. Those decorating pumpkins often just sit there until they are ready to be thrown out sometime after Halloween.
But I hate waste.
I felt like I HAD to do something with those decorative pumpkins! That’s when I deiced we would use the pumpkins for fun and educational activities!
Turns out there were lots of like-minded people out there using their pumpkins for all sorts of fun- I’ve compiled a list of 15 of my favorite activities that use real pumpkins below.
Activities That Use Real Pumpkins:
(note that some of these activities do require cutting the pumpkins open or poking holes in them. They obviously won’t go back to being decorative pumpkins after that 😉 )
- Paint with Mini Pumpkins // Munchkins and Moms
- Pumpkin Sink or Float Science // Munchkins and Moms
- Sorting Parts of a Pumpkin // Munchkins and Moms
- Pumpkin Hide and Seek // Munchkins and Moms
- Hammering Golf Tees into Pumpkins // Happily Ever Moms
- Give a Pumpkin a Bath! // Busy Toddler
- Make a Pumpkin Geoboard // Fun-A-Day
- Make Pumpkin Boats // Frugal Fun 4 Boys
- Pumpkin and Rubberbands Fine Motor Activity // The Imagination Tree
- Trace around Pumpkins for Simple Toddler Art // Lemon Lime Adventures
- Play Pumpkin Tic-Tac-Toe // Toddler Approved
- Go Pumpkin Bowling // Wunder-Mom
- Five Little Pumpkins STEM Challenge // Little Bind for Little Hands
- Do a Pumpkin Investigation // Life Over C’s
- Make a Pumpkin Shape Sorter // To be a Kid Again
Do you and your kids have a favorite way to learn and play with pumpkin that didn’t make the list? Leave us a comment below!
2 thoughts on “15 Ways to Learn and Play with Real Pumpkins!”
Comments are closed.